Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from About.com Chinese Food & is posted here to compliment my Asian recipes for the ZWT6. Preparation time does not include the time for the finished salad to chill.
- Mix together the sugar & almond extract, then stir in the five-spice powder & set aside.
- In a bowl, lay banana slices in a ring around the edge, then lay kiwi slices in the middle, & sprinkle a bit of the sugar mixture over the fruit.
- Spread mango slices over the top of the bananas & kiwi, & sprinke another bit of the sugar mixture over that.
- Lay peach slices around the edge of the dish & sprinkle that with the sugar mixture.
- Finally lay the strawberries in the middle & sprinkle the berries with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Cover & chill before serving.
This was a treat! The seasoning is not overpowering and worked very well. I made as directed except for kiwi, didn't have any.Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 6 for Queens of Quisine.
This was so good! I also used Chinese Five Spice Seasoning, because I can never find it where I live. I was surprised at how subtle the spice and almond flavors were. For the fruit, I used all the ones listed, plus some star fruit that looked very pretty. I was worried that the banana would turn brown in the fridge, but it didn't. Thanks Syd! Made for Swizzle Chicks and ZWT6, Asia.
This has an interesting Oriental flavour and is fresh tasting all at the same time. Like another reviewer I did not add the almond extract, reason being we do not consume alcohol. I used Chinese Five Spice Seasoning, no banana as I didn't have any so I added some fresh chopped pineapple to add the yellow colour. I used fresh mango, no kiwi because of allergy so like another reviewer I added fresh blueberries. I used frozen sliced peach & the fresh strawberries. Had as a healthy light breakfast. Made for ZWT6 Asian region, for my team The Ya Ya Cookerhood!