Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from About.com Chinese Food & is posted here to compliment my Asian recipes for the ZWT6. Preparation time does not include the time for the finished salad to chill.
Top Review by Boo Chef in West Texas
This was a treat! The seasoning is not overpowering and worked very well. I made as directed except for kiwi, didn't have any.Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 6 for Queens of Quisine.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup mango, sliced (fresh or canned)
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, sliced
- 1 peach, pit removed, sliced thin
- 4 large strawberries, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the sugar & almond extract, then stir in the five-spice powder & set aside.
- In a bowl, lay banana slices in a ring around the edge, then lay kiwi slices in the middle, & sprinkle a bit of the sugar mixture over the fruit.
- Spread mango slices over the top of the bananas & kiwi, & sprinke another bit of the sugar mixture over that.
- Lay peach slices around the edge of the dish & sprinkle that with the sugar mixture.
- Finally lay the strawberries in the middle & sprinkle the berries with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Cover & chill before serving.