Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe by Good Housekeeping.
- In a large saucepan, heat 6 cups of water to boiling.
- Add walnuts and bring to a boil again and cook for 1 minute.
- Rinse under running water and drain.
- Place walnuts in a large bowl, add sugar and toss to mix.
- Heat oil in skillet to 350°F.
- Add 1/2 of the walnuts at a time and fry for about 5 minutes or until golden in color.
- Place walnuts in a sieve to drain.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Toss to keep walnuts from sticking together.
- Place on waxed paper to dry.
This is an recipe, & although I didn't think it would be any big thing when I added them to my finger food buffet, they were, in fact a hit! Part of that, of course, might have been that I didn't just pour them out of a store-bought container! Interesting, the salty sweetness! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Unrated Asian Recipe Tag Game]