Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I doubt this really qualifies as authentic Chinese cuisine, but it's delicious nonetheless and very simple. Use pre-cooked rice that's been sitting in the fridge for at least a day or two (or in the freezer) for the best results.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 3 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Fry bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels, but reserve 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Add onions and celery to drippings and cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms, rice, and soy sauce. Cook 10 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beaten egg and cook only until egg is done.
- Crumble bacon and add to rice mixture. Mix well and serve.