1/48 Photos of Chinese Fried Rice
Sue Lau's Note:
This Chinese fried rice has the flavor those other recipes are missing. Tastes like takeout. I want to dedicate this dish to Bergy, whose recipe "AM & B's Indonesian Mehoon" has inspired this dish. Make sure you season your rice with salt before it cooks. Add some butter to the cooking water, as well. Other seasonings should be added before you cook, as well, so it has time to get inside the rice. If you like sesame flavor, add 1 tsp. of it after you add the green onions, but do not use it as a cooking oil because it easily burns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (or more eggs if you like)
- 3 drops soy sauce
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 8 ounces cooked lean boneless pork or 8 ounces chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (very small)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 cups cold cooked rice, grains separated (preferably medium grain)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (add more if you like)
- 1Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok.
- 2Allow wok to cool slightly.
- 3Mix egg with 3 drops of soy and 3 drops of sesame oil; set aside.
- 4Add 1/2 tbsp oil to wok, swirling to coat surfaces; add egg mixture; working quickly, swirl egg until egg sets against wok; when egg puffs, flip egg and cook other side briefly; remove from wok, and chop into small pieces.
- 5Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add selected meat to wok, along with carrots, peas, and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 6Add rice, green onions, and bean sprouts, tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- 7Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.
- 8Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 606.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 22.3 g