Recipe by Bone Man
I found a really old (but unused) wok at the Goodwill Store and there was a small recipe pamphlet attached. This is the version of fried rice listed therein.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 cups onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice, cold
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok, (high heat), add the oil and fry the onions until they're brown.
- Add the rice and saute until it has gotten hot.
- Add the eggs, season with the soy sauce and the salt.
- NOTE: For variety, you can add a cup of cooked bacon, ham, shrimp, or shredded chicken, OR, chopped bell peppers or peanuts.