Recipe by Horrendezvous - Nur
This is the halal/kosher version. As with many Asian Fried dishes, it is best to make this in a wok, with suitable heat to ensure that the wok is kept a bit smoky. Make sire that the rice used is cold and the grains separated. The amount of garlic used can be cut down according to individual preference.
Top Review by mliss29
Very good and easy! I made it without chicken, used 1/2 a thin carrot and a scallion for the veggies, less garlic & pepper, and more soy sauce. I served it with Recipe #300266 and a veggie stir-fry. 12yo said, "everything is good," and 4yo thought scrambled eggs in the rice was "cool." lol. Thanks for improving my rice! Reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 80 g chicken, cut into small pieces
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 20 g mixed vegetables
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt (garlic salt can be used instead for an extra zest of flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the pieces of chicken with some salt.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the chicken when oil is hot.
- Toss chicken and set aside, keep the wok hot.
- Scramble the beaten eggs until done and broken into small pieces and add the garlic (you might need to add a bit more oil).
- Fry until a bit browned.
- Add the mixed veggies and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and rice.
- Add soy sauce, white pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Towards the end, add in the sesame oil and fry for another minute.