Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the halal/kosher version. As with many Asian Fried dishes, it is best to make this in a wok, with suitable heat to ensure that the wok is kept a bit smoky. Make sire that the rice used is cold and the grains separated. The amount of garlic used can be cut down according to individual preference.
- Rub the pieces of chicken with some salt.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the chicken when oil is hot.
- Toss chicken and set aside, keep the wok hot.
- Scramble the beaten eggs until done and broken into small pieces and add the garlic (you might need to add a bit more oil).
- Fry until a bit browned.
- Add the mixed veggies and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and rice.
- Add soy sauce, white pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Towards the end, add in the sesame oil and fry for another minute.
Very good and easy! I made it without chicken, used 1/2 a thin carrot and a scallion for the veggies, less garlic & pepper, and more soy sauce. I served it with Basic Marinated and Baked Tofu and a veggie stir-fry. 12yo said, "everything is good," and 4yo thought scrambled eggs in the rice was "cool." lol. Thanks for improving my rice! Reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap.