1/2 Photos of Chinese Fried Rice
This was my mother's favorite way to use up leftover white rice. It really doesn't taste like the fried rice you get at a restaurant, but it still a great meal. I typically throw in whatever vegetables I have in my kitchen, and leave out the shrimp or chicken. I also cut this down to accommodate the amount of rice I have. Cooking time does not include making rice, chicken or shrimp since this is usually made out of leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make rice in advance and refrigerate.
- 2Heat the oil in a skillet. Stir in the rice until lightly browned, pressing out any lumps.
- 3Mix in the scallions, salt, pepper and shrimp or chicken. Saute for 1 minute.
- 4Make a well in the center of the rice and pour the egg into it, stirring until barely set.
- 5Stir egg into the rice mixture.
- 6Add the parsley and soy sauce and stir. Cook 1 more minute and serve immediately.
- 7For Vegetarian omit both the chicken and the shrimp.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 709.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g