This is not authentic Chinese fried rice but as far back as I can remember ,my mom has always made this for us as well as for anyone who has always requested it. Very delicious and it goes great with Chinese chilly chicken.
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chicken breast half, diced
- 1 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup beans, finely sliced (or french beans)
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup green spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped separately
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 chicken stock cube, melted in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Wash and soak rice for half an hour.
- Par boil rice in water to which 3 tsps of salt has been added.
- Drain well and if possible spread it out on a clean tea towel to dry and let the grains separate.
- In a large wok add 2 1/2 tbsp oil and stir fry the chopped onions,the carrots, beans, peppers and chicken for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce, pepper powder and salt to taste.
- Add the melted stock cube.
- **Keep in mind that SOYA SAUCE AND THE STOCK CUBE HAVE ADDED SALT IN IT so go by your judgment**.
- Add the cooled rice to the wok and mix with a light hand so as to not break the rice.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green spring onions.
- Place on low heat for 10 minutes till rice is done.
- Scramble a egg and serve on top of the rice.
- Serve steaming hot!