Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on the back of the Success Brown Rice box. My daughter made it and was very proud of the results. Our family really enjoyed it and the main thing is it's quick and tasty!
- 2 (3 ounce) bags brown rice (10 min.'Success' is what I used)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cooked shrimp (or chicken, ham, etc.)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- Prepare rice according to directions and drain.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onion, saute a few minutes (5) and add eggs. Scramble.
- Stir in shrimp and rest of ingredients.
- Heat through.
I used this recipe with Pork Chow Mein. I didn't use any meat or peas but added carrots and broccili plus one egg. Sure was pretty and nice tasting.
I came across a box of brown rice in my cabinet and was looking for an easy recipe to use it up. Using leftover pork chops from last night, this made a very quick and tasty lunch. Thanks for posting!
My daughter Stacey chose your recipe to use up some leftover basmati/jasmine rice combo. We did not add the shrimp or chicken as we were serving alongside some grilled lamb chops. Other daughter Kelly tossed in some chopped celery, coloured peppers and carrots leftover from a salad bar party as we had no peas. She called it cooking art. Very good