Recipe by DuChick
Leftover roast beef? Use it here! This recipe's been approved by the Iowa Beef Industry Council. I'm not sure how much they know about Chinese cuisine, but they do know their beef! NOTE: Rice must be cold or it will stick to the pan. Rice that is 24 hours old is suggested. Do NOT use Minute Rice.
Top Review by MsSally
OMG. This will be what I always do with leftovers from now on. The was wonderful and easy. So yummy. I used sugar snap peas and carrots as the veggies. Great tasting way to use up those leftovers. Thanks so much for posting.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup any vegetables
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup cooked beef, chopped
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Scramble eggs. Set aside.
- In large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil on medium high heat.
- Add garlic to heated oil and stir.
- Add vegetables, onion and beef.
- Mix until blended and cook, stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly until rice is hot.
- Stir in soy sauce and eggs.