1/1 Photo of Chinese Foil Wrapped Chicken
Kana Kahuna's Note:
Based on a Yank Sing (S.F.) recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove skin if using thighs cut each thigh through the bone crosswise in half, if using boneless, cut boneless breast into 2-inch pieces for 16 pieces altogether (rinse and blot dry) trim scallions and cut each into (4)-2" sections.
- 2Combine the soy sauce, sugar, rice wine, garlic and 5 spice powder in a heavy saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat, continue boil until thick and syrupy, about 5 minutes, transfer mixture to a bowl and let cool to room temperature, add chicken pieces toss to coat thoroughly, and let marinate covered in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- 3Preheat grill to high, cut 16 6-inch inch squares of aluminum foil; place foil (shiny side down) on your work surface.
- 4Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade, and place a piece, along with a piece of scallion in the center of foil, spoon a little marinade on top of chicken piece, then crinkle foil around chicken.
- 5(At this point chicken can wait 4-6 hours before grilling-fridge it until ready to cook).
- 6When ready to cook, arrange the little bundles on on the hot grate and grill turning with tongs until chicken is cooked through (4-8 minutes at most) to test doneness unwrap 1 of the bundles, the chicken should feel firm and hot to the touch (warn guests the chicken will be steamy and hot).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Foil Wrapped Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.4 mg
- Sodium 539.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder