- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons walnut oil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the walnuts with the oil in a small microwave-safe bowl until fully coated.
- Stir together the sugar, five-spice powder, cayenne, and salt in another bowl.
- Sprinkle over the walnuts and gently toss until just coated.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- The nuts will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Per serving-190 calories, 18 g fat, 5 g carb, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.