Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Cooking Light. 374 calories, 12.1 g fat, 36.6 g carb, 59 mg cholesterol
- 4 ounces uncooked wide rice noodles (banh pho)
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Cook the noodles per package directions.
- While noodles are cooking, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, five-spice powder, and steak in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in minced green onions and garlic; stir/saute 30 seconds.
- Add beef mixture; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomato, green onion pieces, and basil; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve beef mixture over noodles.
Delicious flavor! I used wheat noodles instead of rice noodles only because that was what I had on hand. Honestly, any type of pasta/noodle would be delicious! The marinade as stated in the recipe is a perfect blend; not too sweet or spicy. :yummy: