Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are many different versions of this seasoning. Here is another one - sans fennel, that I found in my collection of recipes. It's a nice seasoning to use on fish, chicken or pork. I have even used it in baking (cookies & muffins) for a different flavour profile.
- 2 tablespoons ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons allspice, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anise seeds, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon clove, ground
- Mix all ingredients together well. Store in a tighly sealed container.
Great substitute! Thank you for posting!
Interesting flavour. The cloves do come through most. I used this in Recipe #423574.