Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Hannaford recipe card
- 3 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons peeled grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 cups sliced bok choy, steamed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat fillets with olive oil and place skin-side down in large baking dish. Sprinkle fillets with five-spice powder, sugar, lime peel, lime juice, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in large nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms and ginger; cook and stir until mushrooms are soft. Stir in bok choy and cook until heated through. Serve salmon over mushroom-bok choy mixture.
I scaled this back to 1 lb. of fish. Everything came out fine, but it just wasn't to our taste. The cinnamon flavor of the 5 spice powder overpowered everything else. I'd be willing to try this again, but I'd add more red pepper and scale back the five spice powder.
This salmon is packed with flavor. I enjoyed the spice combination of spicy and sweet. The bok coy and mushroom mixture made a perfect bed for the salmon. I enjoyed this recipe very much. Thanks for posting. ~Made for ZWT 6 Zee Zany Zesty Cookz~