Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Hannaford recipe card
Top Review by strawberrybird
I scaled this back to 1 lb. of fish. Everything came out fine, but it just wasn't to our taste. The cinnamon flavor of the 5 spice powder overpowered everything else. I'd be willing to try this again, but I'd add more red pepper and scale back the five spice powder.
- 3 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons peeled grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 cups sliced bok choy, steamed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat fillets with olive oil and place skin-side down in large baking dish. Sprinkle fillets with five-spice powder, sugar, lime peel, lime juice, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in large nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms and ginger; cook and stir until mushrooms are soft. Stir in bok choy and cook until heated through. Serve salmon over mushroom-bok choy mixture.