Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of three recipes--also try my Memphis Style Pork Ribs or Kansas City Ribs. Nothing fancy, but folks will rave about these melt-in-your-mouth delights. These are sweet, savory, a bit spicy and have a unique eastern flair.
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pork rib racks, St. Louis cut
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peeled grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix rub ingredients together well.
- Lay the ribs on a rack in a foil-lined pan, and rub all of the spice mix evenly onto both sides of both rib racks.
- Bake meat-side-up for 2 hours, or until each rack droops on both sides when picked up with tongs in the middle.
- While ribs are baking, whisk together sauce ingredients and set aside until ready to eat.
- HINT: Can bake ahead, especially if making for a crowd. To reheat, bake (meat side up) partially covered with foil for 30 minutes at 250°F.
I didn't use the actual cooking method, but boy was the dry rub fantastic. BF and I totally chowed! This was my first time cooking ribs and I don't think I could've asked for a better recipe to start with. Thanks!