1/1 Photo of Chinese Five Spice Marinated Salmon
Galley Wench's Note:
I've developed this recipe to be used with my bamboo steamer. Use your favorite oriental sauce or try my favorite bottled sauce, Iron Chef's Orange- Ginger Sauce. Or try the sauce used in Wasabi Crusted Salmon With Orange Ginger Sauce Since my steamer has two baskets, I cook the fish in the bottom basket, and veggies in the top. Serve over rice; makes for a great one pot dinner! Time indicated does not include marinading time! NOTE: Cooking Sherry or Gin can be substituted for the rice wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1 in strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chinese rice wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon limes or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 -3 dashes hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1Combine the marinade ingredients in a shallow nonmetalic baking dish or ziplock bag,.
- 2Add the salmon strips and turn gently to coat.
- 3Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 6 hours, turning often.
- 4Steamed Salmon:.
- 5Remove salmon from marinade and place in a casserole dish that will fit inside your bamboo steamer. (I use a disposible aluminum cake pan that has been slightly modified to allow steam to filter around the sides.).
- 6Generously brush salmon with your favorite oriental sauce; sprinkle grated ginger on top.
- 7Cover with bamboo lid and place over boiling water to steam.
- 8Steam for 10-12 minutes; or until fish flakes with a fork.
- 9Serve over rice with lemon/lime wedge.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Five Spice Marinated Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 874.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 35.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder