Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is very quick to prepare and to later throw in the oven.
- 1 kg chicken piece
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -3 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- Place the chicken pieces in a large dish or plastic bag.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Marinate refrigerated overnight or for 1 to 2 hours if time is short.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and brush with the marinade.
- Cook uncovered in a preheated 350F (180C) oven, brushing once or twice with the marinade, until the chicken is done, about one hour.
Very good, very easy too. I marinated overnight in a heavy zip'lock bag. Did 20 Drumsticks. Almost 4 lbs. and doubled the marinade. I basted twice and also turned them over.I turned on the broiler at the end to crisp the surface. Moist, tender and delicious.
Absolutley fantastic! This recipe was phenominal and also very simple. I made a few minor changes to suit my family's prefferences and turned the marinade into a sauce to be served on the side of the chicken after I was done basting. I used smaller pieces of chicken and it only needed 30 minutes in the oven and came out extremely tender and delicious
Excellent. I was going to do the chicken thighs on the barbecue and I figured that the onion would just fall through the grill so I blitzed all the marinade in the processor so that it would stick to the chicken. In the end, I did it in the oven because it got too dark to cook outside. Very tasty!