Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 large sole fillets (please make sure that they are deboned)
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 egg, beaten until frothy
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, very finely chopped or ground
- 2 (1 ounce) slices cooked ham
- 8 wooden cocktail sticks
- oil (for deep frying)
- Cut each of the fillets into four equal pieces.
- Mix the chopped green onion with the salt, sugar, cornstarch, soya sauce, sherry and egg.
- Blend well.
- Cut each slice of ham into 4 equal pieces.
- Dip the fish in the eggs and then in the walnuts.
- Top each with a piece of ham.
- Roll up (fish on the outside) and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
- Drain well on absorbent paper (or paper towel).
- Serve as an appetizer.