1 hr 12 mins
This is from Betty Crocker's Low-fat Cooking. I made it for a class once & it turned great, so I thought I would share...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili paste or 1 tablespoon chili puree
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 14 sheets phyllo dough
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1Heat 1 teaspoon oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Cook turkey, cabbage, carrot and onions in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3Stir in chili paste.
- 4Mix wine and cornstarch; stir into turkey mixture.
- 5Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- 6Heat oven to 375 degreesF.
- 7Cut stack of phyllo sheets crosswise in half. Cover with waxed paper, then with damp towel to prevent them from drying out.
- 8Place 1 half-sheet of phyllo on flat surface. Brush with small amount of oil. Top with second half-sheet of phyllo.
- 9Place about 2 tablespoons turkey mixture on short end of phyllo; shape mixture into about 4-inch log.
- 10Roll up phyllo and turkey mixture.
- 11Twist phyllo 1 inch from each end to make firecracker shape.
- 12Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 13Repeat with remaining phyllo and turkey mixture.
- 14Brush firecrackers with remaining oil.
- 15Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until phyllo is crisp and golden brown.
- 16Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Firecrackers
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 511.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 19.9 g