Found this recipe on here... but tweaked it a tish and thought I'd share my own version. This contrast in creamy, crunchy, spicy, sweet, tangy, hot and cool make your taste buds scream with flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled,minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, peeled,minced
- 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground lean pork
- 2 tablespoons chinese chili-garlic sauce
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons carrots, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Asian Slaw Topping
- 1Heat the sesame oil over medium heat in a large saute pan or wok.
- 2Stir-fry the ginger& garlic until it starts to soften, approximately one minute; raise the heat to high.
- 4Break up the ground meat/poultry into chunks and place in pan.
- 5Stir in chili garlic sauce and the hoisin sauce.
- 6Continue to cook, stirring and breaking up the mixture until the mixture is dry on the outer surface and the juices have started to evaporate, so the chips dont get soggy.
- 7Add the sesame seeds.
- 8Note: This mixture can be fried up to a day in advance and refrigerated.
- 9Preheat the oven to 475°F Whle the oven is preheating.
- 10Toss the remaining ingredients (cabbage, rice wine vinegar, mirin, onion, cilantro and salt) to make an asian slaw.
- 11Refrigerate the slaw.
- 12Assemble the nachos: Arrange the tortilla chips on a 12-by-18-inch baking sheet or ovenproof platter.
- 13Sprinkle the meat mixture on the chips and then the cheese.
- 14Bake the nachos for 4 to 6 minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
- 15Remove from the oven.
- 16Sprinkle the asian slaw on top of the nachos and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Firecracker Nachos II
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.7
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 152.2 mg
- Sodium 938.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 37.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
napa cabbage leaves