Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I had this at the Asian grocery store 888 in Kansas City. It was very good. I never had fried tofu before; it was wicked good to me; this is simple but tasty.
- 1 eggplant, chinese cut in diagonal cubes
- 3 ounces tofu, firm cut in narrow slices
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Coat eggplant cubes in flour.
- Fry in oil 4 minutes.
- Add tofu; fry for 4 minutes until golden.
- Add black bean sauce to coat.
Well, the ingredients were there last time I looked! I really enjoyed this dish. So simple and full of spicy flavor! I used brown bean sauce instead of black bean sauce, cause that's what I had. Yummy, thanks! Made for PRMR game.