Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I have not put a recipe for the filling but there are many recipes here on recipezaar. Check out Bergie's Dim Sum recipes and many others
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, blend for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides, blend for a few seconds more until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To Cook-----------------.
- A- Use upside down crepe pan& follow instructions or B- Use a non stick skillet, you do not need oil or additional fat on the pan.
- Pour a little batter in the pan, tilt the pan and turn the pan to spread an even thin layer of batter on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook over medium heat for a minute or two (these wraps will not be brown when they are cooked but will brown when you fill and fry them later).
- Flip the wrap and cook second side for a few seconds.
- When freshly cooked these are very easy to fill and fold, I recommend to have your filling ready and fill each one as it comes off the pan.
- Filling suggestion available under Chinese recipes here on Zaar.
- You may now continue to fry the egg rolls or wrap them in plastic wrap& foil and freeze them for future use.
thanks for the perfect wraps recipe ..... you sure made my day.
I made the batter a little thinner and after I got the trick of tilting the pan so that the batter would cover the pan very thinly, the wraps came out bit thinner too. It worked with an heavy pan too, non-stick.
I had trouble with this batter. Even after chilling and thinning and switching pans. We managed to get several wrapped (finally) and they tasted wonderful after frying. But I had way too much waste. Thanks, Bergy. Maybe I need to try another recipe or give up and buy wraps... ;)