Recipe by Mimi in Maine
A great combination with some fried rice. These are still fried in fat but oh, so good. I used Bergy's All Purpose Dinner Crepes Batter or use your favorite saving a little of the batter for sealing before you fry them or you could use a slightly beaten egg. Preparation time does not include making the crepes.
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) can Chinese vegetables (drained)
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds (rough chopped)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 14 -16 crepes
- hot oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chicken, vegetables, onion, ginger, almonds, soy sauce, sugar, and extract (if used).
- Place about 2 tablespoons mixture on each crepe; fold over sides and roll up.
- Seal edges with a little leftover batter or use a slightly beaten egg for the glue.
- Heat oil to about 350 degrees and drop each egg roll into the hot oil and fry till golden.
- Drain; cut into smaller pieces if desired; serve hot with a sweet and sour duck sauce (I use La Choy Sweet and Sour Duck Sauce).