Recipe by WhittySmith
I found this recipe on foodnetwork.com and wanted to submit it here. It looks absolutely delicious. I plan to try it soon!
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken or 8 cups mushroom broth
- 1 piece fresh ginger, about 2 inches long. peeled and julienned
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, preferably dark
- 1⁄4 cup rice cooking wine or 1⁄4 cup pale dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced on the bias- about 1 cup
- 16 ounces frozen chinese dumplings, pork, shrimp or 16 ounces chicken
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- asian chili paste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the broth, ginger, soy, wine, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and salt in a soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Adjust the heat so the broth simmers and cooks to lightly flavor with ginger, about 10-15-minutes.
- Add the carrots, and simmer until tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Just before serving, add the dumplings, cook for 3 minutes, stir in the scallions and spinach and cook until the greens wilt, about 1 minute. Divide among warm bowls and serve. Serve with chili sauce on the side if desired.
- Optional- Cook the dumplings according to package directions for potstickers- Serve dumplings on the side of soup.