Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
a simple recipe to prepare, which looks really impressive. serve with cantonese fried rice.
- 4 duck, legs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- oil (for frying)
- 5 whole star anise
- 1 tablespoon szechuan peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 4 spring onions
- 6 tablespoons rice wine
- 8 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 pints chicken stock
- 4 slices fresh ginger, un peeled
- Chinese pancakes
- spring onion
- hoisin sauce (or plum sauce)
- put all marinade ingredients in large saucapan with duck legs.
- leave to marinade 4 hours, or overnight (longer is better).
- bring contents of saucepan to boil, then simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- remove legs and dry with kitchen paper.
- grill legs to crisp.
- cut cucumber and spring onions in thin long slices.
- warm pancakes.
- to serve, scrape meat off bone and wrap in pancake with strips of cucumber, spring onion and sauce.