Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not made this salad but posted it by request. It is from Jeff Smith's "The Frugal Gourmet cooks Three ancient cuisines" I have made many excellent recipes from this cook book
- 1⁄2 lb cooked boneless duck meat, , julienne (, smoked if possible)
- 3⁄4 lb bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, fresh toasted
- Mix the dressing with a whisk.
- Place ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Toss with dressing.
- Serve over iceberg lettuce.
I made this salad with leftover grilled duck breasts. The dressing was very light and delightful. I used baby Romaine lettuce since that is what I had. I did not have the bean sprouts so I omitted but added cucumber for the crunch. I know we would like it with the cucumber. will use the dressing again on other oriental type salads.