Recipe by sofie-a-toast
An authentic Chinese dish, that happens to be one of my very favorites. I searched a long time for one that tasted restaurant quality and was easy to make! You can subsitute long beans cut into 3 inch segments for the green beans to make it even more authentic.
- 1 lb green beans, fresh and dry
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste, siracha
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- AHeat 1 T of oil in a wok over medium heat. It is very important to use a wok and to heat the oil first or this wont cook right. Add the green beans (careful, it will sputter!) and stir fry until they pucker and begin to brow (about 6-8 minutes).
- Drain the green beans in a colander.
- Heat the other 1 T of oil and add ginger, garlic and scallions,stir fry for a minute. Add chili sauce and siracha and stir fry for a minute. Add beans, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Serve with rice.