Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick, no-fuss drunken prawns cooked the Oriental way!
- 600 g large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 100 g gingerroot, shredded
- 700 ml Chinese wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Heat work with both oil. Stir fry ginger until fragrant.
- Add prawns and fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice wine and bring to boil. Blend in salt and sugar.
- Dish out when prawns are cooked and serve immediately with garnish.
5 Stars, absolutely delicious and simple. Note that 100 g of gingerroot is quite a lot, especially after peeling. Used a regular sake (but forgot to lay out the fresh cilantro garnish). Served with bluemoon downunder's Recipe #328694 #329704 and some white rice. At first we could only taste the sake in the sauce we poured over the rice, but on the second round it was quite noticeable and welcome on the shrimp. Thank you for posting this, Cook Food Mood. Made for Fall 2008 Pick-a-Chef.