Recipe by Aric Ross
Dipping sauces are an integral part of Chinese cooking. This sauce is simple to make but tastes great when served with stir-fries, or egg rolls or any other Chinese item which uses a dipping sauce.
Top Review by alligirl
I think the amounts are off in this recipe; therefore, I'm not rating it. The oil and vinegar were overwhelming. Doubling the soy may help out the proportions. Perhaps the sauce was meant to be like this, but, for my tastes, it wasn't quite right.
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely grated (one inch)
- 1⁄2 small red chile, seeded and finely chopped