Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Dipping sauces are an integral part of Chinese cooking. This sauce is simple to make but tastes great when served with stir-fries, or egg rolls or any other Chinese item which uses a dipping sauce.
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1 piece fresh ginger, finely grated (one inch)
- 1⁄2 small red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- Mix together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir well until combined.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator, to allow the flavors to infuse, for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
I think the amounts are off in this recipe; therefore, I'm not rating it. The oil and vinegar were overwhelming. Doubling the soy may help out the proportions. Perhaps the sauce was meant to be like this, but, for my tastes, it wasn't quite right.