1/1 Photo of Chinese Curried Beef & Potatoes
Jen T's Note:
This came from a Chinese friend who was teaching Chinese cooking classes at the time. If you like curry then more curry powder can be used. I prefer it milder as is.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb steak (use lean frying or grilling steak, I use rump in NZ)
- 3 potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 chicken stock cubes or 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons oil, extra
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, extra
- 1 tablespoon satay sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup water (plus)
- 1/3 cup water (or more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1Slice steak thinly across the grain.
- 2Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 3Peel onions, cut into quarters and separate each layer.
- 4Heat oil in pan or wok, add potatoes, cook 5mins or until just tender but still crisp, tossing occasionally.
- 5Add onions and curry powder, cook further 2 minutes, remove from pan.
- 6Heat extra oil in pan, add steak, cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- 7Add potatoes, onion and extra curry powder; toss for 2 minutes.
- 8Add combined sate sauce, chilie sauce, soy sauce, water, stock cube, cornflour and sherry.
- 9Toss until sauce boils and thickens.
- 10Reduce heat, simmer 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- 11Serve with boiled rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Curried Beef & Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.3
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 89.7 mg
- Sodium 624.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 38.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese chili sauce