Recipe by Kellie in SLO
This is so wonderful on a hot day. The addition of chicken pieces makes it a meal in itself, and the browned ramen noodles give it a delicious crunch.
Top Review by Danny's Diner
So good! I've used this recipe for years. I just looked on food.com to see if the same recipe had been added and here it is! This is super! Such a great meal on a warm day. Today, for the first time, I added raisins and it was delish -- great flavor and color.
- 1 head napa cabbage, sliced thin
- 5 -6 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages Top Ramen noodles, crumbled (discard flavor packet)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (2 ounce) package slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss cabbage and green onions together.
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- In the melted butter, brown the crumbled ramen with sesame seeds and almonds, being careful not to burn them.
- Keep dressing and noodles separate until ready to serve.
- Toss all ingredients together just before serving.
- NOTE: You can also add chopped cooked chicken or mandarin oranges if desired.