1/2 Photos of Chinese Crisp - Fried Salt and Pepper Squid
This is one of my all time favourite Chinese dishes. Baby squid are best for this recipe as they cook quickly and are tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slit each squid body open along one side with a sharp knife then score the inside of each in a criss cross pattern.
- 2Set aside with the tenticles.
- 3Heat 5 cm of Vegetable oil in the base of a deep frying pan.
- 4Place the sea salt and the peppercorns in a pestle and mortar and crush coarsely together.
- 5stir into the cornflour, then toss with the squid to coat.
- 6Cook the chillies and salad onions in the hot oil for 30 seconds then scoop them out with a mesh spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- 7Cook the squid body and tentacles in the pan for 2 minutes until it rolls up and turns crisp and lightly golden.
- 8Transfer the squid to a plate, scatter over the crispy chilli and salad onions and serve with soy sauce for drizzling and lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Browse Our Top Squid Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Squid Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Crisp - Fried Salt and Pepper Squid
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1594.5
- Calories from Fat 1488
- Total Fat 165.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 175.0 mg
- Sodium 1780.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 13.5 g