Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was so good on an autumn night. This was the first course, from my "one pot" cookbook
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 red chile, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 12 ounces corn kernels
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- 2 ounces spinach leaves, sliced
- 2 eggs, mixed
- Heat oil in pot.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and chili and saute until softened.
- Add sherry and reduce by half.
- Add crab, corn, stock, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and season.
- Remove from heat,.
- Add eggs and stir into pot with a fork, forming ribbons.
Wow. Wowwowwow. This was FABULOUS!!! Chia, thanks so much for posting this. I tweaked it a bit - used a bit more garlic, used 16 oz. crabmeat and 16 oz. white sweet corn (frozen), which made it all a bit too thick, so I ended up using 3+ cups of chicken broth. It couldn't have hurt a thing, though, and it made a truly wonderful, fabulous soup. We'll definitely be having this again -- thanks for posting it!