Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great easy soup recipe I got from the Best-Ever 30 minute cookbook.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fish stock
- ginger, sliced finely
- 14 ounces creamed corn
- 5 ounces crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 egg white
- scallion (for garnish)
- 1. Put the stock and ginger in a large saucepan and bring to boil. Stir in the creamed corn and return to boil.
- 2. Switch off the heat and add the crab meat. Put the cornstarch in a cup and stir in the rice wine to make a smooth paste; stir this into the soup. Cook over a low heat for about 4 minutes until the soup has thickened and is slightly glutinous in consistency. Add light soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk the egg white to a stiff foam. Gradually fold it into the soup. Ladle the soup into heated bowls and garnish each with scallions.