Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really nice and tasty soup
- 3 1⁄4 kg corn kernels
- 292 1⁄2 g corn oil
- 1 1⁄3 kg minced chicken
- 97 1⁄2 g ginger, finely chopped
- 65 g garlic, chopped
- 2⁄3 kg onion, finely chopped
- 487 1⁄2 g leeks, minced
- 97 1⁄2 g soya sauce
- 1⁄3 g white pepper
- 1 1⁄8 kg egg whites
- 325 g cornflour
- Wash and sanitize all equipments before use.
- Place corn kernels in food processor and make a coarse puree; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized soup pot.
- Add the ginger and shallots or green onions, lightly sauté until aromatic.
- Add minced chicken; increase heat to high.
- Add the corn; stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, soy sauce and pepper.
- Stir until the soup reaches a boil, then add the crab and sesame oil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the soup, stirring until the soup thickens, about 15 seconds.
- Turn off the heat.
- Lightly beat the egg whites with the salt until almost frothy.
- Pour the egg whites into the soup in a slow, steady stream and in a circular motion.
- Gently stir, allowing the lacy ribbons to surface.
- Remove from fire and transfer into a suitable covered container.