Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Really nice and tasty soup
Make and share this Chinese Corn Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and sanitize all equipments before use.
- Place corn kernels in food processor and make a coarse puree; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized soup pot.
- Add the ginger and shallots or green onions, lightly sauté until aromatic.
- Add minced chicken; increase heat to high.
- Add the corn; stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, soy sauce and pepper.
- Stir until the soup reaches a boil, then add the crab and sesame oil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the soup, stirring until the soup thickens, about 15 seconds.
- Turn off the heat.
- Lightly beat the egg whites with the salt until almost frothy.
- Pour the egg whites into the soup in a slow, steady stream and in a circular motion.
- Gently stir, allowing the lacy ribbons to surface.
- Remove from fire and transfer into a suitable covered container.