Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an easy to make soup that my sister made for me during one of my visits.
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped (boneless, skinless)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 1 -2 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 8 ounces corn (Green Giant)
- 15 ounces creamed corn (Green Giant)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 stalks green onions, finely sliced (for garnish)
- Combine chicken, soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, water, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and set aside until needed.
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Add peanut oil; then ginger, stirring a few seconds.
- Add chicken stock, both corns. Bring to a simmer.
- Add and stir in about a half cup of stock to chicken mixture. Then add this chicken mixture to the simmering stock mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; then lower temperature to simmer about 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour the eggs in a steady stream into the pot. Use your fork to stir the top of the soup.
This tasted good. Did not know how much sherry to add (step 1) so we added 1 tablespoon. Needed more to eat so we added some cooked rice to each bowl of soup.Thanks for posting!
Made this tonight and thorourly enjoyed it, couldn't get green onions, Very tasty and will make this again, Thank you.