Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These can be served as a candy or as a cookie . . . Delicious!
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts (without skins)
- MELT bits over hot, not boiling, water.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in noodles and nuts.
- DROP by teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- REFRIGERATE until set.
- STORE in a tightly covered tin in the refrigerator.
- Will keep several weeks without freezing; or will freeze.
- **These may also be made with a mixture of half chocolate and half butterscotch bits for a different flavor.
These are awesome!
I've only eaten these once before and had to have the recipe. This recipe is every bit as good. I made these half butterscotch and half chocolate as the recipe suggested and is the way I had them the first time I tasted them. The butterscotch compliments the chocolate. This is fast and simple and very tasty. Thanks for submitting this recipe.