Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very easy, and my favorite to take to get togethers. Everyone asks for this recipe.
- 1 (1 lb) package coleslaw mix
- 1 package ramen noodles (Oriental Flavor)
- 1 package slivered almonds
- 1 bunch sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- Mix flavor packet from the Ramen Noodles with sugar, vinegar and oil.
- Pour over cole claw and onions.
- Crush Ramen Noodles and mix with almonds in a non-stick skillet.
- Heat until lightly toasted, stirring frequently.
- Combine ingredients immediately before serving.
Great and easy recipes for the Camp Chef Kids we did this summer. The children enjoyed the fact that Ramen Noodles were included.
This is the perfect summer salad with grilled chicken -- and probably with anything else you want to serve it with! It's very easy & what little there is to do can basically be done ahead of time. Have made it 4 times in 3 weeks and it gets raves every time. I have never used "plain" coleslaw mix, as the first time I made it I used "broccoli coleslaw mix" & it was such a hit I will continue using it. I cut down the oil to 3/8 cup and it hasn't kept people from devouring it! Toasting the nuts & noodles creates a wonderful fragrance & taste, and the noodles stay crunchy for hours -- at least. Even the next day people who had leftovers when the noodles had gone soft still loved the salad & wanted the recipe! This is a definite keeper and the recipe will never be far from my reach!!
Thank you Nancy for the finest Chinese Cole Slaw recipe my family ever tasted. Its simple to prepare and hard to stop eating. You made me look like a TV chef! HJF