Recipe by LARavenscroft
The mix of ingredients in this recipe may seem really strange, but the aroma and the taste are just out of this world.
Top Review by Elisabetta47
Out of this world taste is right! Such a wonderful layering of flavors. I made as directed & served with basmati rice on the side. Because these turn out deliciously carmelized & sticky, next time I will try boneless thighs for ease in eating (and cut the cooking time accordingly.) Even thyme-haters should try this. For once it doesn't over-power a dish but enhances the other flavors. Thanks for a marvelous and simple recipe that delivers complex taste.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and seeded
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the surface layer of fat from the thighs. Rinse and towel dry.
- In a large non-stick skillet, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture up to a boil, then add the chicken (bones up).
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover, turn the chicken pieces over, raise the heat to medium, and cook until the liquid is evaporated and the chicken is glazed, about 10 to 15 minutes.