Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You may use beef, pork or chicken. Leftover meats can be used.
- 1⁄2 lb beef or 1⁄2 lb pork or 1⁄2 lb chicken meat, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained, saving liquid
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- chinese noodles, if desired
- cooked rice, if desired
- Heat oil in fry pan. Add the meat, salt, soya sauce, and garlic; brown quickly and remove from pan.
- To the pan add onion, celery, mushrooms, and bean sprouts and fry a few minutes. Add meat.
- Mix cornstarch with mushroom liquid and add to pan. Heat until hot and thickened.
- Chinese noodles may be added before serving.
- Service with rice. NOTE: Leftover meats may be used in this recipe. Serves 4.
- Wheatland Bounty.
Could have been much better=asked for a tlb cornstarch but no liquid and no buillion to kick it up a notch-also other than bean sprouts-=only veg-was onion and celery-what ever happed to red and gren pepper an jalapeno- and maybe even tofu-found it -unimaginative and bland==