Recipe by grandma2969
the chowmein noodles add a nice "crunch" to this cookie..sometimes I use butterscotch chips instead of chocolate..when measuring the chow mein noodles..I just slightly break then into a little shorter pieces..then measure..
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal, not instant
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- cream butter and sugars, add eggs one at a time, mix well.
- combine dry ingredients and blend inches.
- stir in chocolate chips and chow mein noodles that have been slightly broken into smaller pieces.
- drop by tspful on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- remove to racks to cool.