Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of our favorite quick and easy stir fry chicken dishes with a slight kick, lots of flavor too. It's about a medium spice.You can easily adjust the heat to your taste. I use boneless thigh fillet because I find the breast is a little dry in this.
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger, you can use fresh grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Slice the chicken.
- Roughly chop the onion and pepper.
- Grate or finely chop the garlic.
- Cut the chilli in half, discard the seed and finely chop.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large deep frying pan.
- Add the chicken, onion, peppers, chilli, garlic, and ginger.
- Fry for about 5 minutes on high heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and continue cooking about 10-15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated and the chicken has cooked through.
- Serve with rice or Chinese noodles.
This is a terrific recipe that went together easily and was enjoyed by the entire family. I had to make some adjustments for the kids - I omitted the jalepeno entirely, and only used about 1 tsp of chili sauce. DH and I added more at the table. I also used a red bell pepper instead of a green one. The only thing that I would change is to start with less broth - by the time it cooked down, the chicken was very done, and it was still a bit soupy. I think I'd cut the broth in half, and maybe add a tsp of cornstarch to thicken it up. Thanks for a keeper!!