Recipe by littleturtle
Great when it's too hot for warm food. Also goes well with grilled meat or Chinese main dishes. Cook time includes time for chilling.
- 1 lb asparagus, woody bases removed
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the asparagus into slices diagonally.
- Place in a saucepan and pour the boiling water over the asparagus.
- Return to a boil and cook for two minutes.
- Drain and cool under running cold water.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the asparagus.
- Chill for 1/2 hour before serving.