Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great when it's too hot for warm food. Also goes well with grilled meat or Chinese main dishes. Cook time includes time for chilling.
- Cut the asparagus into slices diagonally.
- Place in a saucepan and pour the boiling water over the asparagus.
- Return to a boil and cook for two minutes.
- Drain and cool under running cold water.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the asparagus.
- Chill for 1/2 hour before serving.
Made this when I was making stir fry and was looking for a side dish to use up my asparagus. Very easy and very, very tasty.. fit well with the stirfry and rice.
This is great when served with toasted almonds on top. Brown 1 teaspoon of sliced almonds in olive oil first. Add that to the soy sauce and sugar that you pour over the asparagus.