Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Spicy sauce made from soybean paste, hot pepper, oil, garlic, and ginger; used as an ingredient in Chinese cooking and as a condiment. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown bean sauce (brown bean paste)
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- Heat an 8-inch skillet over med-high heat; add oil when skillet is hot.
- Stir in bean sauce, red pepper, sugar, garlic, and ginger.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring frequently so it doesn't burn.