Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great stir-fry.
Make and share this Chinese Chicken with Sweet Onions recipe from Food.com.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Clean bell pepper; cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Quarter onions and slice thinly.
- In wok, heat 2 tablespoons corn oil until it begins to smoke.
- Add ginger, cayenne and chicken.
- Stir-fry until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Remove to serving dish.
- Add remaining corn oil; heat.
- Add onions and pepper; stir-fry until onion is slightly transparent.
- Return chicken to pan; add soy and sherry.
- Stir 1 minute more.
- Sprinkle with sesame hot oil.
- Serve with rice.
Very good! This was fast, easy to prepare, and the instructions were very accurate. Next time I would cut down on the amount of oil as I thought it came out a bit too oily. I also expected the ginger to permeate the flavor more fully - I think perhaps mincing the ginger pieces might help spread the ginger flavor so that with each bite you would get a burst of ginger flavor. Still, this really was very tasty and I will certainly make this again. The drizzle of hot chili oil at the end was really a nice touch.
This was a really nice stir-fry. I enjoyed the ease of preparation. It was flavorful, too. Nice combination. Thank you!
Yum! This was so quick to make, and it tasted great. I still had plenty of oil after cooking the chicken, so I did not add extra, just went ahead and added the veggies. I loved the flavor of soy sauce, sherry, and sesame oil together. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14