Recipe by PanNan
A great stir-fry.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Very good! This was fast, easy to prepare, and the instructions were very accurate. Next time I would cut down on the amount of oil as I thought it came out a bit too oily. I also expected the ginger to permeate the flavor more fully - I think perhaps mincing the ginger pieces might help spread the ginger flavor so that with each bite you would get a burst of ginger flavor. Still, this really was very tasty and I will certainly make this again. The drizzle of hot chili oil at the end was really a nice touch.
- 3 whole chicken breasts, split and skinned
- 1 medium green bell peppers or 1 medium red sweet bell pepper
- 4 medium onions
- 4 tablespoons corn oil, divided
- 4 pieces fresh ginger, cut the size of a nickel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Clean bell pepper; cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Quarter onions and slice thinly.
- In wok, heat 2 tablespoons corn oil until it begins to smoke.
- Add ginger, cayenne and chicken.
- Stir-fry until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Remove to serving dish.
- Add remaining corn oil; heat.
- Add onions and pepper; stir-fry until onion is slightly transparent.
- Return chicken to pan; add soy and sherry.
- Stir 1 minute more.
- Sprinkle with sesame hot oil.
- Serve with rice.