1/2 Photos of Chinese Chicken With Leeks and Black Beans
Susiecat too's Note:
You can find fermented black beans (dow see) at an Asian specialty market. This recipe comes from "Three Great Cuisines" by Jeff Smith, also known as "The Frugal Gourmet."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut julienne
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
For the stir fry
- 1Cut the chicken and soak in the marinade for 15 minutes.
- 2Heat the wok (or similar cooking pan) and add 1 tablespoon of the oil, along with the garlic and the rinsed black beans.
- 3Stir fry for a moment and add the drained chicken.
- 4Stir over high heat until the chicken is cooked, and remove to a serving plate.
- 5Add the remaining peanut oil to the hot wok, along with the leeks.
- 6Stir until leeks are tender.
- 7Return chicken to the pan along with the remaining ingredients.
- 8Stir fry for a moment, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken With Leeks and Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.0
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 324.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fermented black beans