1/7 Photos of Chinese Chicken with Black Pepper Sauce
Sue Lau's Note:
For Shae, who discovered this on a Chinese buffet. I had found this on a buffet also. It is a great little dish, with a little bite of pepper that is quite addictive!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Stir-Fry
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (skinless boneless breast substitution ok)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- cooking oil
- hot steamed rice
For the Sauce
- 1Note: This recipe calls for boneless thigh meat, which is preferred, but I tried using breast meat and the result was fine also.
- 2Mix together sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Cut chicken into a small dice, about 1/4-inch.
- 4Heat 1-2 cups peanut or other cooking oil in your wok.
- 5Place cornstarch in a small bowl and begin to dust chicken pieces, shaking off excess.
- 6Fry in hot oil in small batches until crispy and golden, about 2-3 minutes; drain.
- 7Remove oil from wok and discard.
- 8Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok and stir-fry onion about 1 minute; add peas and carrots and cook another 30 seconds.
- 9Add sauce mixture to wok along with chicken pieces and stir to coat everything evenly.
- 10Serve at once with hot steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Chicken with Black Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 125.9 mg
- Sodium 952.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 32.6 g