Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has been in my family for 3 generations. We always make this for 4th of July and other celebrations. These wings get raves every time.
- 4 lbs chicken wings, seperated, tips discarded
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon msg
- Mix soy sauce, oil, garlic, ginger, lemon juice and MSG.
- Add wings and marinate overnight.
- Spread in pan in a single layer, use 2 pans if necessary.
- Bake on 350 for 1/2 hour.
- Increase heat to 450 and cook 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Remove from pan to serving dish.
- This is the original recipe. I cook them longer, about 45 minutes at 350 and then 15 minutes at 450. I like them very browned and sticky.
I followed this recipe exactly and they were a favorite on our Christmas buffet. My sister tried it too for her New Year's Eve party. Thanks for sharing!